Legislative Assembly of Ontario announces position for English <>French interpreter
Opportunity to be part of a team tasked with providing simultaneous interpretation for the House and its Committees.
DO YOU VALUE INTEGRITY, SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND EXCELLENCE ? If yes, then join the Hansard Reporting and Interpretation Services Branch at the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
- You will be part of a team of Interpreters tasked with providing simultaneous interpretation (from English to French and French to English) for the House and its Committees
- You will demonstrate the utmost tact, diplomacy and good judgment in all interactions with those involved in the parliamentary process
SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY
- You will provide simultaneous interpretation of the debates in the House and Committee proceedings in a fast- paced, team-oriented environment
- You will collaborate and participate in ongoing professional development within the Interpretation team in an effort to provide linguistic and technical accuracy regarding related terminology research
- You will provide some translation from English to French
DEMONSTRATE YOUR EXCELLENCE
- You have a superior level of oral and written French and English language skills
- You possess a post-secondary education in interpretation, translation or a language-related discipline, or proven skill and demonstrated experience in simultaneous interpretation
- You are able to work under pressure in shifts, with demonstrated ability to contribute to a positive team environment
- You have broad knowledge of the parliamentary environment and current events
- You are familiar with basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office
EXPECTATIONS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional travel for committee meetings within Ontario is required
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continued training and development
Range Minimum: $67,276 per annum
File N°: LA-2017-34
Closing Date: May 29, 2017
NOTE: Simultaneous interpretation performance tests are part of the selection process
To become relentless in the pursuit of impartial, innovative and collaborative support to Ontario’s parliament please visit us at http://www.ontla.on.ca/lao/en/office-of-the-assembly/employment/ to apply for this position.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.